Tukapa's Rugby and Sports Club contains no asbestos.
Fears were raised after an early-morning fire on Wednesday that the buildings potentially contained the dangerous material but yesterday, just over 24 hours after the building was sealed off, the club had the all-clear.
Club chairman Paul Meuli said Kaefer, which sponsors the club's Senior A team, must have pulled a few strings to get the results super-quick.
"So we are very grateful to them. It is great to get such a good result back so quickly," Mr Meuli said.
"I'm hugely relieved because we can get on with the rest of the process straightaway."
He said it was also good news for neighbours, who could now be reassured there were no hazardous materials in the building.
The damage, confined mainly to the kitchen, was assessed by insurers yesterday.
"The kitchen and everything in it looks like being a complete write-off. However, apart from that one area the rest of the building, including all of the downstairs, has come through unscathed."
Mr Meuli said despite having to cancel a function for TRFU volunteers on September 29, he hoped the club would soon be operational.
"If we are able to go ahead, with the blessing of our insurer, and have limited use downstairs of our bar facility, then we will be letting our club members know we will be open for them on Friday and Saturday evenings."
- © Fairfax NZ News
Should ratepayers fork out for increased security to keep vandals at bay in Pukekura Park?Related story: Cameras set to catch vandals