Christmas ham on fire raises alarm

Last updated 11:11 25/12/2012

Relevant offers

Firefighters were called to a Christchurch house this morning after a Christmas ham breakfast went awry.

Southern Communications shift manager Andrew Norris said firefighters were called to an address on Manhire St, Sydenham, where the occupants had overcooked their Christmas breakfast, consisting of ham and bacon.

The ham, in the oven, was badly burnt and the house was filled with smoke, he said.

The smoke had set off the monitored smoke alarm.

Fire fighters from the Addington Fire Station arrived at the house shortly about 9.15am.

An attending firefighter said the occupants had the situation under control, but were grateful for their attendance.

"The ham is still salvageable and can be eaten for lunch," Norris said.

Ad Feedback

- Taranaki Daily News

Special offers
Opinion poll

Will Aaron Cruden's omission hurt or help the All Blacks?

Hurt - he needs as much game time as possible.

Help - finally Beauden Barrett will get a proper run.

Hmmm - no biggie, just a temporary hitch.

Who is Cruden? I support the All Whites.

Vote Result

Related story: Senior All Blacks 'pretty disappointed' in Cruden

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Follow the Taranaki Daily News on Twitter

Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates

TDN North Taranaki Midweek

The North Taranaki Midweek's online

Get your mid week news fix

TDN South Taranaki Star

South Taranaki Star online

Get your South Taranaki news online