Fires in toilet block costly

Last updated 09:31 25/05/2013

Relevant offers

Fires lit in the women's toilets at Ngamotu Beach have caused thousands of dollars of damage.

Three fires have been lit in the newly upgraded toilets during the last week.

New Plymouth District Council manager parks Mark Bruhn said the damage has meant hours of cleaning and repainting.

It was a pointless waste of time and ratepayers' money, he said. The council would like to hear from anyone who has seen suspicious activity around the toilet block in the last week.

Ad Feedback

- Taranaki Daily News

Special offers
Opinion poll

Is this the best summer ever?

Yes, without a doubt

It's great, but 2012/13 was even better

Can't quite recall the year, but there have been better

I long for the Summer of 69 (with apologies to Bryan Adams)

Whatever. I can't wait for winter

Vote Result

Related story: Wellington sizzles in January heat

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Follow the Taranaki Daily News on Twitter

Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates

TDN North Taranaki Midweek

The North Taranaki Midweek's online

Get your mid week news fix

TDN South Taranaki Star

South Taranaki Star online

Get your South Taranaki news online