A week after his Inglewood business was gutted by fire, Nathan Hitchcock is planning for the future.
An electrical fault sparked the fire at Moa Milking and Pumping early last Tuesday morning.
It destroyed $240,000 worth of stock, all of the company's records and severely damaged the building.
Mr Hitchcock has set up temporary offices on the site and is planning to set up a new showroom in a shed.
"It has taken a little bit of time but we've pretty much replaced all of our stock," he said.
"We're still here and we're still offering 24 hour a day, seven days a week service."
Mr Hitchcock said support from the local community, including Taranaki Civil Construction, which was the victim of a workshop fire in 2011, had been fantastic.
"Taranaki Civil have been great because they've had it happen to them, they were down here straight away," he said.
"The whole Inglewood community has been great, we've had lots of offers of support and help."
His wife, Tania, said the fire had generated a lot of interest on her Facebook page, which she believed showed there was no such thing as bad publicity.
Mrs Hitchcock said the couple, who have been in business for eight years, wanted to reassure customers they were still operating. "I know some people have been wondering."
The business was insured and the couple plan to build bigger and better facilities on the site once the burnt-out building has been demolished.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Should ratepayers fork out for increased security to keep vandals at bay in Pukekura Park?Related story: Cameras set to catch vandals