LATEST: A factory in South Taranaki has been gutted by fire.
Multiple fire brigades were called to a fire in a building at Taranaki By-products on Kohiti Rd near Okaiawa about midday.
Hawera chief fire officer Darryl Fowler said the fire was well involved and the building was severely damaged.
Nobody was inside at the time of the fire.
Kohiti Rd was closed for several hours.
This was the third time in two years the factory had caught fire.
Last March fire crews battled a blaze at the factory which had started in a blood and bone dryer.
- Taranaki Daily News
Should New Plymouth council sell off assets from the Perpetual Investment Fund to pay off debt?Related story: Perpetual Investment Fund asset sell-off 'should be debated'
Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates
Get your mid week news fix
Get your South Taranaki news online