LATEST: A factory in South Taranaki has been gutted by fire.
Multiple fire brigades were called to a fire in a building at Taranaki By-products on Kohiti Rd near Okaiawa about midday.
Hawera chief fire officer Darryl Fowler said the fire was well involved and the building was severely damaged.
Nobody was inside at the time of the fire.
Kohiti Rd was closed for several hours.
This was the third time in two years the factory had caught fire.
Last March fire crews battled a blaze at the factory which had started in a blood and bone dryer.
- © Fairfax NZ News
What do you think of the NPDC's decision not to give iwi representation and voting rights?Related story: Dismay as iwi voting rights denied