Builder goes bust

Award winning company in the hands of liquidators

LEIGHTON KEITH
Last updated 14:11 29/01/2014
Abode Design
The Abode Design and Build offices are all closed up.

Relevant offers

LATEST: Award-winning New Plymouth building company Abode Design and Build has gone into liquidation.

The company, established in 1995, was placed in the hands of liquidator Staples Rodway this week.

Its websites had been taken offline yesterday and nobody answered its listed telephone number.

The company's director is Lyall Craig Dix, who has a 20 per cent shareholding in the business. The other 80 per cent is held by Charles Beswick Wilkinson and Stephen David Eichstaedt.

In 2012 Abode Design and Build won the James Hardie Show Home Award, for the second time, for a home in Highlands Park, New Plymouth.

Mr Dix did not want to comment when contacted by the Taranaki Daily News yesterday.

Liquidator Greg Eden said it was too early to comment on the company's financial position.

"I have been only appointed for 48 hours, we have still got a fair bit of work to get our hands around exactly where things are at," Mr Eden said.

Mr Eden said it was a voluntary liquidation and the company had no staff - it contracted work out.

The Companies Office website stated the first liquidator's report was due on February 3, but Mr Eden said he hoped to put his first report up tomorrow .

Abode has been the recipient of more than 50 Master Build Awards including 3 Taranaki Supreme Master Builder of the Year and 3 New Zealand titles, it said.

Ad Feedback

- Taranaki Daily News

Special offers
Opinion poll

Are you happy with the results of the election?

Yes, it went the way I wanted.

No. It was time for a change.

Vote Result

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Follow the Taranaki Daily News on Twitter

Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates

TDN North Taranaki Midweek

The North Taranaki Midweek's online

Get your mid week news fix

TDN South Taranaki Star

South Taranaki Star online

Get your South Taranaki news online