Fire destroys shed

Last updated 08:29 31/01/2014

Relevant offers

A shed was destroyed by fire on Wednesday night on Patea's Ohine Rd.

The Patea Fire Brigade and Rural Fire Service attended the incident at 11pm and although they were able to save the neighbouring house, the shed was already well ablaze.

Principal rural fire officer Nigel Dravitzki said it appeared the shed fire may have been caused by embers from a nearby controlled burnoff of pine trees. The fire is being investigated.

Ad Feedback

- Taranaki Daily News

Special offers
Opinion poll

Is high tea at a funeral parlour your cup of tea?

Yes, it's fun and even educational.

Hmmm, I don't object but it's not for me.

No, it's macabre and in bad taste.

Over my dead body ...

Vote Result

Related story: High tea... in a funeral parlour

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Follow the Taranaki Daily News on Twitter

Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates

TDN North Taranaki Midweek

The North Taranaki Midweek's online

Get your mid week news fix

TDN South Taranaki Star

South Taranaki Star online

Get your South Taranaki news online