Bang for breakfast

LEIGHTON KEITH
Last updated 11:26 15/03/2014

Relevant offers

LATEST: It was an explosive start to the day for one camper at New Plymouth racecourse today.

Firefighters were called to the Pukekura raceway, which is full of campers attending Womad, after a gas cylinder exploded about 9.30am.

Station officer Murray Andrews said the woman was preparing to make breakfast.

''It looks like the lady hasn't connected the gas cylinder properly to the little appliance,'' Mr Andrews said.

The woman suffered minor burns to her hands and was treated by St John Ambulance staff.

''I think she got more of a fright than anything else.''

Mr Andrews said anyone using gas appliance should make sure they are securely connected before ignition.  

Ad Feedback

- Taranaki Daily News

Special offers
Opinion poll

Is high tea at a funeral parlour your cup of tea?

Yes, it's fun and even educational.

Hmmm, I don't object but it's not for me.

No, it's macabre and in bad taste.

Over my dead body ...

Vote Result

Related story: High tea... in a funeral parlour

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Follow the Taranaki Daily News on Twitter

Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates

TDN North Taranaki Midweek

The North Taranaki Midweek's online

Get your mid week news fix

TDN South Taranaki Star

South Taranaki Star online

Get your South Taranaki news online