A 45-year-old woman was flown to hospital from Manaia in a serious condition after getting an electric shock at Yarrows The Bakers this morning.
St John paramedics treated the woman before she was airlifted to Taranaki Base Hospital by the Taranaki Community Rescue Helicopter about 8am.
A spokesman from Worksafe, the new government health and safety regulator, said the department was aware of the incident but had not yet made a decision about whether an investigation would be launched.
Yarrows general manager Russell Guckert said the company had been to visit the woman today and she was OK.
She had been working on a piece of bakery manufacturing equipment when she received the shock.
He said the company was working through the relevant processes with the authorities.
- Taranaki Daily News
Is high tea at a funeral parlour your cup of tea?Related story: High tea... in a funeral parlour