Emergency services were called to a South Taranaki business on Friday night to attend to a small fire.
An alarm sounded at Taranaki By-Products, on Kohiti Rd near Okaiawa, at about 10.30pm after one of its dryers overheated and caught fire.
Hawera chief fire officer Daryl Fowler said two appliances attended the scene, one from Okaiawa station and the other from Hawera.
He said the cooling system had been activated by the time they arrived and firefighters assisted to put the fire out.Fowler said no damage was caused to the dryer or to the rest of the building.
It is not the first time the business had been hit by fire this year.
In January, about 40 firefighters were required to put out a fire that had spread to the roof between the plant's boiler room and dryer area.
- Taranaki Daily News
What's your expectation of former tropical cyclone Pam?Related story: Cyclone Pam hits New Zealand
Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates
Get your mid week news fix
Get your South Taranaki news online