When BioShock Infinite was announced there was a flurry of excitement.
And then there was nothing for months and months, leading to speculation about whether the game was going to go the way of Duke Nukem Forever and be indefinitely delayed or canned altogether.
However, 2K Games has finally released a new trailer and dated the game for 26 February.
2K also announced two collector's editions of BioShock Infinite. The first, the 'Ultimate Songbird' edition, includes:
- A 9.5-inch statue of a Songbird from the game
- A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica.
- A 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera.
- A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
- A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover.
- Various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatar costumes for Xbox 360, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).
The second, the Premium edition, comes with all of the above, except for the statue. Both editions are available for pre-order now.
EB Games has priced the Ultimate Songbird edition for $188 for console and $178 for PC. The Premium edition is priced at $128 for console and $118 for PC.
2K have yet to announce further details regarding the PS Vita version of the game, which was also confirmed at E3 in 2011.
Which new gaming system are you most excited about?Related story: (See story)