An elderly woman has died of a suspected heart attack at Jellie Park's sport pool.
Double-amputee Stacey Herbert's latest surgery has so far proved successful.
A truck driver has died after crashing down a gully on Canterbury's Banks Peninsula.
8:10pm Christchurch women were urged to "look up, look out" and network at an event in Christchurch celebrating International Women's Day.
Streaking is ‘an addiction and a habit' for Ephraim McIntyre.
A third new pool complex is being proposed for Christchurch's eastern suburbs.
Girls and young women have enough to put up with over the sexualisation of female bodies in the media.
Economic traffic between New Zealand and India is closer to moving to the fast lane as work continues on a free-trade agreement.
While dipping sauces bring flavour to some bland dishes, Rangoon Ruby is 'a rather pricey lesson in Burmese'.
Final two rounds of NZ SuperBike Championship to take place over the next two weeks in the North Island.
An estimated 5000 people a day are expected in north Hagley Park for the national kapa haka festival.
Top trio talks Pavarotti, performing in rest homes and getting the jandal ahead of Chch concert.
South Island food will be the star of a feast for 5000 people at the Te Matatini Kapa Haka festival.
Mama Hooch is the little sister to Italian restaurant Venuti just down the block.
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam