Boy, 4, dies in quad bike crash
A four-year-old boy has died in Auckland's Starship Hospital after a quad bike crash on a Tai Tapu farm last month.
The crash happened on a property near Tai Tapu on April 27.
Police believed the boy was riding on a quad bike with an adult when the crash happened.
The pre-schooler suffered serious injuries and was flown to Starship Hospital in Auckland. He died as a result of his injuries on Saturday.
The adult driving the quad bike, who is aged in his 60s, was injured in the crash.
He received hospital treatment, but had since been discharged.
A police spokesman said the serious crash unit was investigating the incident.
The deceased child did not live at the property where the crash happened.
The spokesman said the boy's name was not available to be released publicly and his family had requested privacy.
- The Press
Should park land be turned into carparking for Jellie Park?Related story: Car park plan shows 'breathtaking arrogance'
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam