Driver clocked at 181kmh nears Hinds
A Christchurch man was clocked driving at 181kmh near Hinds.
The 25-year-old was stopped in a Holden ute on State Highway 1 at 3.25pm yesterday. He received an automatic 28-day licence suspension and will appear in the Timaru District Court.
A police spokesman said the driver was obviously in a hurry and had been overtaking traffic, but stopped when signaled by a police officer he had passed.
- The Timaru Herald
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam