Tania Dickie new NZCU South chief
The biggest credit union in the South Island has appointed Christchurch businesswoman Tania Dickie as its new chief executive.
Dickie, who has already been acting chief executive of NZCU South for six months, beat a number of international candidates for the role.
Before she joined NZCU South, Dickie held senior roles with financial services companies including Westpac and Baycorp.
Credit unions are mutually owned co-operatives which offer an alternative to mainstream banking.
NZCU South is the third largest credit union in New Zealand. A decline in loans and slow membership growth has forced it to close and consolidate some of its smaller branches over the past two years.
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam