A female driver has been seriously injured after a crash near the Lewis Pass today.
Two vehicles were involved in the crash about 4.30pm on the Canterbury side of the Lewis Pass summit.
A St John spokesman said a female driver had been seriously injured and was flown to Christchurch Hospital by a rescue helicopter.
A police spokesman said part of State Highway 7 was closed while the crash site was cleared.
The road had since reopened.
The cause of the crash was not yet known.
Should doctors and patients be friends on Facebook?Related story: Doctors struggle to maintain boundaries
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam