A female driver has been seriously injured after a crash near the Lewis Pass today.
Two vehicles were involved in the crash about 4.30pm on the Canterbury side of the Lewis Pass summit.
A St John spokesman said a female driver had been seriously injured and was flown to Christchurch Hospital by a rescue helicopter.
A police spokesman said part of State Highway 7 was closed while the crash site was cleared.
The road had since reopened.
The cause of the crash was not yet known.
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam