Lakefront search for Queenstown woman
The search for missing Queenstown woman Renee Lisa Barrett will continue today, with a helicopter being used to scour the shores of Lake Wakatipu and searchers checking a track with steep drop offs.
The 42-year-old's car was found in Kelvin Heights unlocked and with the keys in it on Friday.
Senior constable Julian Cahill this morning said there were still a few properties in Kelvin Heights yet to have the yards, garages and out buildings checked.
''A helicopter will search the shores of Lake Wakatipu inside the Frankton Arm and on the Southern side of the Kelvin Peninsula towards Jacks Point, and searchers on foot will also check the walking track form Kelvin Heights to Jacks Point,'' he said.
Around 30 police, Queenstown and Wanaka Land Search and Rescue members and the Queenstown Harbour Master team were involved in an extensive search on Sunday, a day of heavy rain.
''There was a search of the Kawarau River on Sunday, which was compromised because the Shotover River was so dirty, but that search extended to the confluence of the Arrow River.''
The public had been very helpful and co-operative in allowing properties to be checked, Cahill said.
Barrett has medical conditions and both police and family have concerns for her safety.
Who do you think won Key v Cunliffe's second debate?Related story: Leaders debate reveals more even contest
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam