Kiwi shot putter Tom Walsh has recorded a disappointing sixth place finish at the Diamond League in Eugene, Oregon.
The world indoor bronze medallist and Commonwealth Games hope struggled to get near his personal and season best of 21.16m - with his longest throw today coming in at 20.51m.
American athletes swept the podium, led by Reese Hoffa's winning throw of 21.64m.
Joe Kovacs was second (21.46m) and Christian Cantwell third (21.38m).
Should our netball team, The Tactix, have hired a foreign coach?Related story: Noeline Taurua slams influx of foreign coaches
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam