Streaker's court appearance moved
Forsyth Barr Stadium streaker Adam Steven Holtslag has had his case transferred to his home city of Christchurch.
Holtslag was scheduled to appear in the Dunedin District Court on a charge of offensive behaviour this morning. No date had yet been set, police said.
The 28-year-old builder's naked run on to the field at Forsyth Barr Stadium on Saturday night during a rugby international between the All Blacks and the England Lions became a Youtube sensation in a matter of hours.
The streaker was brought down by a forceful tackle from security guard Bred Hemopo, causing Holtslag's head to snap back sharply.
The streak and the tackle have been the subject of a tirade of criticism on social media around the actions of both men.
However, Hemopo's action was reviewed by stadium management Dunedin Venues Management on Monday and the guard was exonerated from any wrongdoing.
Dunedin Venues Management boss Terry Davies said Holtslag should not have been on the field and Hemopo had done his job in minimising risk to players.
- Fairfax Media
Should doctors and patients be friends on Facebook?Related story: Doctors struggle to maintain boundaries
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam