Trio 'draw attention' while carrying drugs
BLAIR ENSOR AND JOELLE DALLY
A carload of people who drew attention to themselves by pulling the fingers at passing police patrol cars were swiftly stopped and then arrested on drugs and weapon charges.
Three occupants were arrested after police allegedly found a knife, two and a half grams of methamphetamine, drug utensils and other weapons in the car.
They were charged with possession of a class A drug, possession of drug utensils and possession of offensive weapons.
If they had not pulled the fingers, the car was unlikely to have been pulled over, Inspector Derek Erasmus said.
''Don't draw attention to yourself if you are carrying drugs around.''
The incident took place on Shortland St, Aranui, about 1am.
The three people were granted bail and may face further charges, Erasmus said.
- The Press
What's the best option for cutting the council's $800m funding shortfall?Related story: (See story)
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam