An American tourist who was thought to have gone missing while tramping on the West Coast has been found safe.
Philip Gerald Mohseni, 24, from Portland, Oregon was reported missing by his mother on June 22. She was concerned he was overdue from a tramping trip in the Copland Track area in Westland, south of Fox Glacier.
However police said Mohseni checked into backpacker accommodation in Hokitika this evening.
The tourist was apologetic after realising the distress he had caused to his family and for the efforts of police and Land Search and Rescue to find him.
Which is the best bar in Christchurch?Related story: Raise a glass to Volstead
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam