Chch jobs to go in Virgin Australia move
Virgin Australia is axing jobs at its New Zealand head office, based in Christchurch, but the number of redundancies has not yet been decided.
Company spokeswoman Jacqui Abbott said the Christchurch management was going to be integrated with its international operations, based in Brisbane.
The change was expected to happen by early next year.
The Christchurch office has 50 staff, who had been told of the changes this morning.
Abbot said no decision had yet been made yet on how many staff would be affected but that there would be a reduction in roles.
Virgin Australia has also not yet made a decision whether it will keep an office in Christchurch after integrating all international operations in Brisbane.
However, there will be no changes to the aircraft servicing Virgin Australia's trans-Tasman and South Pacific routes.
The services will continue to be crewed by Virgin's New Zealand based pilots and cabin crew
- The Press
Should illegal woodburners be hunted down and removed?Related story: ECan on hunt for illegal burners
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam