Man with taser arrested at AOS cordon
The armed offender squad was called to a rural property at Waimatuku, in Southland, after an alleged domestic incident this morning.
A man has been arrested after leaving the property but being stopped at a police cordon. It is understood the man will face a charge of unlawfully possessing a taser.
It is not known if the taser was used.
Police southern communications team leader Mike Murphy said a dog handler, more than a dozen constables and several higher ranking police staff went to the scene.
Police communication was hampered with the alleged offender listening into the police radio, he said.
- The Southland Times
Should religion be taught in schools?Related story: 'Kitchen work' for no-bible student
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam