Snow warnings for South Island
Several snow warnings have been put in place in the South Island.
The MetService has issued snow warnings for the Lindis Pass, Porters Pass, Lewis Pass and Milford Road.
In the Lindis Pass, about two to four centimetres of snow is expected above 300 metres tonight.
Meanwhile, snow showers are expected tomorrow morning in the Lewis Pass, with forecasters expecting between one to three centimetres to accumulate above 400m.
In Porters Pass, brief snow showers are predicted above 400m overnight tonight.
Further south, showers are expected to develop tonight, with snow lowering to between 200 to 300 metres in Milford, mainly south of Lake Gunn, with between five to eight centimetres expected to accumulate.
- The Press
Is giving a bottle opener to school leavers perpetuating a culture of heavy drinking?Related story: Bottle opener gift 'perpetuates drinking culture'
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam