A man, who performed an indecent act at his study window while naked, but for a balaclava, has been ordered to pay $500 in reparation to each of the three women who could see him.
Martin Burley, 36, was sentenced in the Christchurch District Court after a judge earlier found him guilty of committing an indecent act with intent to insult.
Burley stood naked in the study of his Ferry Rd home about 12.30pm on September 26.
He stood close to a full length window, which faced his neighbour's kitchen window.
Burley placed a balaclava over his head before committing an indecent act using a sex toy, clothes pegs and a leather whip.
The neighbour, who was in her kitchen with two friends, was "horrified" and disgusted by what she saw, the police summary of facts said.
"The victim and her two friends look out the kitchen window several times as they could not believe what they were seeing," it said.
"The defendant looked right at the victim when she looked out her window."
Burley did not stop his behaviour upon being seen, but after about 10 minutes went into his kitchen and got dressed, the summary said.
"In explanation, the defendant stated that the possibility of getting caught excited him," it said.
"He regretted that his behaviour offended the victim."
He was sentenced earlier this month.
- The Press
Have you had a ticket in the last five years?Related story: Canterbury speed camera use rises sharply
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam