Australian teen 'critical' after hotel fall
An Australian teenager is in a critical condition after falling off a hotel roof in Queenstown.
Senior Constable Chris Blackford said the 19 year old from New South Wales fell while making his way from a second-floor apartment towards the roof at the Glebe apartment complex in Beetham St.
"He fell to the car park below and suffered a major head injury," Blackford said.
The teenager fell at 2.50am today and was airlifted to hospital in critical condition.
It is not the first time a guest has been injured or worse at the high-end Queenstown complex.
Invercargill man Shaun Bernard Hogan, 24, died instantly from head injuries after falling from a rooftop at the Glebe in March 2008.
- The Southland Times
Which is your favourite Christchurch beach?Related story: Sumner beach: A holiday spot in the city
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam