Fire engulfs Dunedin house
A person was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Dunedin's North East Valley shortly before midnight.
Six fire engines were sent to the Chambers St blaze, with the house well alight by the time firefighters arrived, a Fire Service spokesman said.
One person was taken to Dunedin Hospital with minor smoke inhalation.
The house was "significantly damaged" and a fire crew remains at the scene.
Fire Safety officers will be on site this morning to establish the cause of the blaze.
What infuriates you most about driving in Christchurch?Related story: City congestion demands action
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam