Fire engulfs Dunedin house
A person was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Dunedin's North East Valley shortly before midnight.
Six fire engines were sent to the Chambers St blaze, with the house well alight by the time firefighters arrived, a Fire Service spokesman said.
One person was taken to Dunedin Hospital with minor smoke inhalation.
The house was "significantly damaged" and a fire crew remains at the scene.
Fire Safety officers will be on site this morning to establish the cause of the blaze.
What should we do about cycle safety in Christchurch?Related story: Cyclist hit by car on Lincoln Rd
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam