Fire engulfs Dunedin house

RACHEL YOUNG
Last updated 07:28 25/07/2014

Relevant offers

A person was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Dunedin's North East Valley shortly before midnight.

Six fire engines were sent to the Chambers St blaze, with the house well alight by the time firefighters arrived, a Fire Service spokesman said.

One person was taken to Dunedin Hospital with minor smoke inhalation.

The house was "significantly damaged" and a fire crew remains at the scene.

Fire Safety officers will be on site this morning to establish the cause of the blaze.

Ad Feedback

- Stuff

Comments

Special offers
Opinion poll

What infuriates you most about driving in Christchurch?

Earthquake damage and repair work.

Traffic lights and lack of turning arrows.

Bad and inconsiderate drivers.

Lack of parking.

Lack of alternative transport options (off-road cycle tracks, better bus service, etc).

I don't have any issues with driving in Christchurch.

Vote Result

Related story: City congestion demands action

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Contact Us Press

• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email reporters@press.co.nz
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email goclassifieds@press.co.nz
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email ad.sales@press.co.nz
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: news.sales@press.co.nz
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage

Press supplements

At Home, I Do, Avenues, Winter Style

Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings

Celebrations

Celebrations

Births, weddings, engagements

Death notices

Death notices

Death notices and in memoriam