A 55-year-old Oamaru man has been charged after an investigation into historic sexual offending involving a number of girls aged between 11 and 17.
The offending is alleged to have occurred between 1999 and 2011 in the Oamaru area.
The man, who faces multiple charges, appeared today in Timaru District Court.
The court was cleared during his appearance, apart from lawyers and court staff.
Which is the best bar in Christchurch?Related story: Raise a glass to Volstead
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam