A man managed to walk free from his car after it flipped on to its roof during a dramatic crash near Little River yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the single-car crash on Christchurch Akaroa Rd in Little River about 2.30pm yesterday.
Senior Sergeant Angela Grace said the driver was walking around soon after the crash.
St John spokesman Paul Burns said the man was transported to Christchurch Hospital with moderate injuries.
Meanwhile, firefighters were called to help police after a car collided with a power pole at the Moorhouse Ave and Madras St intersection about 8.45pm yesterday.
Fire Service shift manager Riwai Grace said crews attended the scene for a short time.
Burns said two people were assessed for minor injuries.
- The Press
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam