Police investigating the death of an elderly man at a residential care facility in Christchurch say there is nothing to indicate suspicious circumstances.
Eric Haydon was found in a North New Brighton residential care facility yesterday, and paramedics called police to the scene.
Detective Inspector Murton said an autopsy has been carried out this morning, and police believe there is nothing to indicate the 77-year-old's death was suspicious.
Murton said the scene examination at the Orlando Cres was complete, and investigators are completing the final interviews of relevant parties.
"The circumstances leading up to the death, and what the actual cause of death was, are still being investigated and are not likely to be confirmed until the results of the post mortem and toxicology tests are known, which may be some weeks away," he said.
- The Press
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam