A man is lucky to have been away from his council owned flat when a car careened across an intersection and through his bedroom wall last night.
Police were called shortly before 8pm to the incident on Daniels Rd in Redwood.
Senior sergeant Kerei Gray said the car had gone across an intersection, through a berm and into a council owned flat.
The occupants were not home at the time.
He said alcohol was involved.
The driver, a man in his 50s, was taken to hospital with minor injuries but had to be cut out of the car.He is believed to have been drinking at the nearby Coasters Tavern on Daniels Rd before the incident.
"We will be following up with the driver to gauge his level of alcohol and the council have been informed," Gray said.
He said he damage to the property was "extensive".
- The Press
Which is your favourite Christchurch beach?Related story: Sumner beach: A holiday spot in the city
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam