Life is about to take a dramatic turn for one Ashburton ticket-holder, who will net $14.4 million from Lotto's Powerball first division last night.
A Wellingtonion is also set for a big surprise when they find they are $1m richer. The first division winning ticket was sold on MyLotto.
The prized Ashburton ticket was sold at Countdown Ashburton, with the total Powerball prize of $14.4 million made up of $13,395,864 from Powerball first division and $1 million from Lotto first division.
This big win follows June's top Powerball prize payout, with players from Hastings and Kumeu taking home $13.2 million each.
"This is a spectacular run of winning for Lotto players," Lotto NZ's head of corporate communications Emilia Mazur said.
Meanwhile, Strike has now jackpotted to $600,000, while David from Auckland spun and won $500,000 with the Winning Wheel.
This week's Winning Wheel ticket was sold at Albany Central Superette, Auckland. The serial number is 267-36389127-20XX.
- The Press
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam