February 9 has been set for the trial of Timothy Joseph Foley on a charge of murdering a woman at a Linwood house in June 2012.
The two-week trial was meant to take place this month but was put off on the morning of trial so that a new defence counsel could be appointed.
Simon Shamy has now been appointed and was appearing for 54-year-old Foley at a pre-trial conference session before Justice Christian Whata in the High Court at Christchurch today.
Foley, unemployed, is charged with the murder of 41-year-old Michelle Mary Lawrence who died in hospital about three weeks after being admitted with critical injuries from an alleged assault on June 10, 2012.
Foley denies the charge.
- The Press
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam