Raid nets suspected drug dealer
A suspected drug dealer has been arrested after police locked down a Christchurch street and raided a home.
Traffic was redirected while members of the armed offenders squad secured the property on Marshland Rd, Shirley, about 9am yesterday.
Investigators found drugs and two guns inside, police said.
Detective Sergeant Mark Keane said a 33-year-old man who lived at the property had been charged with drug dealing offences and unlawful possession of a pistol.
His flatmate, a 38-year-old man, had been charged with unlawful possession of a .22 rifle.
A third man, who was visiting the property at the time, had been charged in relation to unrelated matters, Keane said.
All three men are expected to appear in Christchurch District Court tomorrow.
- The Press
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam