Two people arrested at Christchurch Airport and a third arrested in a Christchurch property faced drugs-related charges in the Christchurch District Court today.
Two people were stopped disembarking a plane arriving from Auckland on Saturday morning.
At the same time, police raided a Christchurch house for evidence.
Tamal Edward McMeekan, 33, was charged with possession of cannabis, possession of a cut-down shotgun, and possession and supply of methamphetamine.
He was remanded in custody until September 8 to instruct a lawyer.
A 29-year-old woman was charged with possession of methamphetamine, but was granted interim name suppression until her next appearance in court on September 15.
Judge John Strettell remanded her on bail with a curfew. She also has to surrender her passport and have no contact with her alleged co-offenders.
The third person, Arthur Mohi, 44, was charged with possession of methamphetamine, and remanded in custody to September 15.
Police arrested two people after flights from Auckland, then raided a property where the gun and drugs were found, and arrested another man.
They said they had been watching people suspected of importing methamphetamine into Christchurch from the North Island.
- The Press
Should park land be turned into carparking for Jellie Park?Related story: Car park plan shows 'breathtaking arrogance'
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam