Ten years after they burst onto the pop music scene and almost 40 million records later Irish boy band Westlife have finally touched down in New Zealand.
The band staged a media conference in Christchurch this morning, ahead of their first concert in New Zealand, a sell-out, at the Westpac Arena tonight.
The band members said they were enjoying Christchurch's hospitality and the relative anonymity it offered, despite the near freezing temperatures.
``My God it's cold by the way,'' band member Nicky Byrne said, adding that the band had already been into town scouring shop racks for winter woollies.
Concerts are also scheduled in Wellington, Auckland and New Plymouth during the next week.
Their hits include Swear It Again, Flying Without Wings, If I Let You Go and Uptown Girl.
- The Press
Which is the best bar in Christchurch?Related story: Raise a glass to Volstead
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam