The contract for the demolition of the earthquake-hit Clarendon Tower has been awarded, but the work will take over a year, it has been revealed.
Mainzeal Property and Construction has won the contract and will take possession of the 17-storey central Christchurch building on January 4.
The building's fate has been repeatedly delayed by disputes between the authorities, the building's owners and insurers.
Three companies tendered for the demolition job.< ><-->
- The Press
Should doctors and patients be friends on Facebook?Related story: Doctors struggle to maintain boundaries
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam