Emergency staff on standby at airport
A plane reporting a possible mechanical problem has landed safely at Christchurch Airport.
The Fire Service was on "local standby" after an Air Nelson plane reported a "some sort of mechanical problem", a spokesman said.
An airport spokeswoman said the plane landed safely with no problems.
The Fire Service had been on standby as a precaution, she said.
It was likely a warning light had come on inside the plane, which could have been caused by a "whole manner of things", she said.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Should South African teams be ditched from Super Rugby?Related story: Andrew Mehrtens: Let's ditch South Africa
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Keep up with the latest Christchurch community news
Keep up with the latest Central Canterbury news
Keep up with the latest North Canterbury news
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam