Emergency staff on standby at airport
A plane reporting a possible mechanical problem has landed safely at Christchurch Airport.
The Fire Service was on "local standby" after an Air Nelson plane reported a "some sort of mechanical problem", a spokesman said.
An airport spokeswoman said the plane landed safely with no problems.
The Fire Service had been on standby as a precaution, she said.
It was likely a warning light had come on inside the plane, which could have been caused by a "whole manner of things", she said.
- The Press
Should Christchurch host the Commonwealth Games again?Related story: Could Christchurch host the Games again?
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam