A woman has died in hospital after a single vehicle crash south of Palmerston last night.
The 31-year-old woman was taken to Dunedin Hospital after the crash which happened about 7.35pm on State Highway 1 south of Shag Point Road, Palmerston.
The woman, a Palmerston resident, died from her injuries in hospital.
Sergeant Wayne Brew, of Oamaru Police, said the Serious Crash Unit was investigating and the matter had been referred to the coroner.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Should the Christchurch City Council ban smoking inside its housing units?Related story: (See story)
2 Great Kiwi Road Trips worth over $10K to be won including flights, accommodation, rental car, and amazing experiences along the way!
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Keep up with the latest Christchurch community news
Keep up with the latest Central Canterbury news
Keep up with the latest North Canterbury news
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam
View the changing landscape of our CBD