Share your vision for Christchurch
What do you want Christchurch to be? The demolition crews are still at work but the future beckons.
There are so many aspects that will shape the future face of Christchurch and debate is raging.
Editor of The Press, Joanna Norris, argues that Christchurch should aim to become the Lifestyle City, embracing its small-city cool vibe and marketing itself as an adventure playground.
Feature writer John McCrone reckons its time to ditch the Garden City slogan, while mayor Lianne Dalziel is busy making 'resilient' a buzz word. The city council has even advertised for a chief resilience officer.
Is Christchurch heading in the right direction? What needs to be done first? What should the city embrace?
To describe your vision, hit the green button.
View all contributions
- © Fairfax NZ News
Should South African teams be ditched from Super Rugby?Related story: Andrew Mehrtens: Let's ditch South Africa
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Keep up with the latest Christchurch community news
Keep up with the latest Central Canterbury news
Keep up with the latest North Canterbury news
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam