Motorcyclists injured in North Otago crash
Two motorcyclists have been injured after their bikes collided in North Otago.
The crash occurred on Totara Valley Crescent, in Otematata, a village in the Waitaki District, about 7.30pm.
A St John spokeswoman said one patient with moderate injuries was flown to Dunedin Hospital by the Otago Rescue Helicopter, while another patient was taken by ambulance to Oamaru Hospital with minor injuries.
A police spokesman said police were still at the scene interviewing a witness.
Fire crews from Otematata Volunteer Fire Brigade also assisted at the incident.
- The Timaru Herald
Should Christchurch host the Commonwealth Games again?Related story: Could Christchurch host the Games again?
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam