A 59-year-old man was killed when the tractor he was driving rolled several times down a bank today.
The man was raking hay on a rural property near Roxburgh, Central Otago, at about 5pm when the accident happened.
Fire, police and ambulance attended the accident but the man died as a result of his injuries.
His name will not be released until his family members have been advised.
The matter has been referred to the Coroner and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Would you live in a factory-built home?Related story: Factory-built homes on way
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Pick up The Weekend Press and Sunday Star-Times from Saturday February 22 to Sunday March 9, find the keyword and be in to win.
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Keep up with the latest Christchurch community news
Keep up with the latest Central Canterbury news
Keep up with the latest North Canterbury news
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam