Woman armed with crossbow
A woman who sparked an armed offenders callout in Timaru last night has been charged with assault.
Police and the Armed Offenders Squad were called to a Cain St address at 8pm after the woman barricaded herself in a bedroom, armed with a crossbow and air rifle, Senior Sergeant Randel Tikitiki said.
He said the incident started as a domestic with a flatmate. No one was injured.
- The Timaru Herald
Should park land be turned into carparking for Jellie Park?Related story: Car park plan shows 'breathtaking arrogance'
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam