Armed police swoop in Christchurch
Armed police have swooped on a house in east Christchurch.
The house was in Norwich St, near Eastgate Mall in Linwood, police said.
"Police including the AOS executed a search warrant at an address in Norwich Street this morning, in relation to an ongoing inquiry. No arrests have been made,'' a spokesman said.
A Norwich St resident said the street was ''usually very quiet''."
"But not today, that's for sure," she said.
She said about six police cars and two police dogs arrived at the address just after 9 this morning.
''They surrounded the house and shouted for someone to come out . . . but nobody has. They haven't told us anything though,'' she said.
Another resident approached police after a man arrived at the address claiming he was looking for his daughter. He left after a few minutes.
The woman said the man lived at the house despite him telling police he didn't.
''There's always a lot of people coming and going . . . and there's usually a mattress up against the window," she said.
- The Press
Which memorial design do you like most?Related story: Christchurch earthquake memorial designs unveiled
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam