Prince William and Kate's family pooch Lupo is to be kitted out in a New Zealand-made coat.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be gifted a specially made tartan wool coat for their spaniel to wear.
The New Zealand Dog Coat Company confirmed on its twitter account that permission had been granted for the gift to be given when the couple visit Christchurch on Monday.
Thanks for permission to gift Lupo Royal spaniel our NZ made boutique wool coat. looking forward to seeing Royals in chch monday
— The Dog Coat Company (@TheDogCoatCo) April 11, 2014
The company, operated by Jo Harris and Becky Hadfield, makes coats and outerwear for dogs of all sizes.
It also offers a range of compression coats to help anxious dogs become calmer.
Have you had a ticket in the last five years?Related story: Canterbury speed camera use rises sharply
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam