A man has been rescued off the coast of Motueka this afternoon after his boat overturned.
The Nelson Marlborough rescue helicopter was called out after an emergency beacon was activated.
The 7-metre aluminium crab fishing boat was found 100 metres off shore near the Port Motueka bar at about 1.30pm. The man was found further out, clinging to floating items.
A nearby boat collected the man who was then taken to shore. He was uninjured.
Do you care about mass surveillance?Related story: What Christchurch thinks of spy revelations
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email email@example.com
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email email@example.com
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam