Rangiora woman killed in crash
Police have released the name of the woman who died in a crash near Kaiapoi this morning.
Linda Joy Glendenning, aged 20, of Rangiora died at the scene of the accident, which happened between 8am and 8.15am.
The crash was on South Eyre Rd, inland from Kaiapoi, and was reported to police by a passing motorist about 8.20am.
Police said Glendenning was the only person in the car and was driving east on South Eyre Rd, between Burgesses and Mabers roads, when she lost control of the vehicle.
The car crossed the centre line and hit a tree on the other side of the road. No other vehicles were involved.
A crash investigation is underway. Police said it was not clear what caused the driver to lose control of the vehicle at this stage.
Road conditions at the time of the crash were dry and the weather was sunny, a police spokesman said.
- The Press
Who do you think won Key v Cunliffe's second debate?Related story: Leaders debate reveals more even contest
• Newsroom 03-943 2827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classified Ads: 03-3778778 or email email@example.com
• Display and Online Ads: 03-3648285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• General inquiries: 03 379 0940
• Subscribe to The Press
• Deliveries, subscriptions, holiday stop/starts: 03 364 8464, or email: email@example.com
• No paper or holiday stop/starts: action online
• Buy a photo
• Newspaper subscribers - register for the digital edition
• Make press.co.nz your homepage
Read Press extras for Avenues, fashion, home design and weddings
Births, weddings, engagements
Death notices and in memoriam