Pay your Subscription by Direct Debit
DIRECT DEBIT is the easy, no fuss way to pay for your Press subscription
* It can be paid automatically
* Forget about writing out cheques and withdrawing cash from the bank or cash machine
* Forget about postage costs and time
PLUS YOU'LL BE IN TO WIN $1000 EACH MONTH!
EVERY SUBSCRIBER PAYING BY DIRECT DEBIT IS IN OUR MONTHLY DRAW TO WIN $1000 CASH - if you are not a DIRECT DEBIT subscriber call our customer service team on 0800 339 100 for more information.
How does DIRECT DEBIT work?
You will pay a fixed monthly rate which will be debited directly from your bank account or credit card on the 20th of each month. The amount will only change when you suspend your home delivery while on holiday or we credit you for a missed delivery.
Am I eligible to pay by DIRECT DEBIT?
If you are a current subscriber and pay on a 6 or 12 month account, you can change your payment plan over to DIRECT DEBIT.
New subscribers can also subscribe on DIRECT DEBIT by Calling 0800 339 100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the cost?
There is no cost to pay by DIRECT DEBIT. Just your usual bank fee for electronic transactions will apply.
When does my bank account get deducted?
Please allow 20 working days for your DIRECT DEBIT authority to be approved by your bank. Your first DIRECT DEBIT payment will be made on the 20th of the month following approval by your bank.
What happens to any balance if I switch from a monthly, 6 or 12 month account to DIRECT DEBIT?
If you are an existing subscriber paying by invoice and your Press account has an outstanding balance, this balance will be added to your first DIRECT DEBIT payment. Carried forward credit balances will be deducted from your first DIRECT DEBIT payment.
How do I get a DIRECT DEBIT form?
There are 3 easy ways to get a direct debit form:
1. Download a pdf form here, fill it in with your bank details and signature and post this form back to Newspaper Sales Department, The Press, Private Bag 4722, Freepost 117495, Christchurch.
2. Email us at email@example.com with your name and address and we will post a form out to you.
3. Phone our Customer Call centre on 0800 339 100 to request a form.
Terms & Conditions of DIRECT DEBIT
Subscribers wishing to pay their subscription via DIRECT DEBIT must receive The Press on a Monday to Saturday basis (with the exception of non-publishing days and temporary stops).