THE PRESS looks at what's ahead for this week in the world of business.
August 27 to September 2
* The Smiths City Group annual general meeting starts at 10.30am in the Balmerino Room of Riccarton Racecourse.
* Lawyers Lane Neave and Minter Ellison Rudd Watts will discuss the ''devil in the detail'' of the Christchurch Central Development Unit blueprint that will affect landowners and tenants, whether inside the frame or not. To register for the event, starting at 5.30pm, at the Westpac Business & Community Hub, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 379 3720.
* Heartland New Zealand will release its annual result for the year to June.
* NZX-listed, majority city-owned Lyttelton Port of Christchurch is expected to release its annual result for the year to June, either Wednesday or Thursday.
* Vero NZ chief executive Gary Dransfield will speak about insurance issues at 4pm at the Westpac Business & Community Hub.
* Statistics New Zealand releases the nationwide building consent figures for July.
If you have an event or information to add to the digest, email email@example.com.
- The Press
How should the council plug its financial black hole?Related story: Council coffers fall short for rebuild funding