School announcements, Monday

Last updated 12:04 13/02/2013

Relevant offers

Christchurch Mail

Precious pug returned Alcohol policy slated Crafty for charity Ram raid botched City snow free so far 4WD group frustrated Mayor says no to fluoride Mass haka on Port Hills 'Lost' hunter safe and sound Ngai Tahu slams proposal

Education Minister Hekia Parata has decided each Christchurch school affected by the impending shake up, will be notified of the Ministry's decision face to face.

The fates of 31 schools are due to be announced on Monday, after a six month back and forth between school reperesentatives in Christchurch, and the Ministry of Education.

Schools are reportedly pleased the decisions will be announced one-on-one. The Ministry's botched September announcements have left a sour taste in the mouths of many city schools.

The public is expected to be told of the decisions when all 31 schools have been visited by a Ministry representative with the news.

Meanwhile, a land report has confirmed the Shirley Boys' High School site is not viable for a future rebuild or repair of the school. Principal John Laurenson confirmed a move is likely.

Avonside Girls' School has had good news, with an engineering report confirming the existing site can be used. More than $10 million had already been spent to demolish and rebuild the school.

Ad Feedback

- (Live Matches)

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content